Friday, February 5, 2010

Who is a great Israel Guide?

View of Israel from Mt. Nevo as Moses saw it.


Who is a great Israel Guide?




Is Seeing Believing?



or is



Believing Seeing?



“When Moses stood at Mt. Nebo and looked over the land of Israel, he requested of the Holy One permission only to enter the land and see it (briefly).



Is it not obvious that anyone who enters the land of Israel sees it?



No it is not obvious!



Many people enter the Land of Israel and never see it!

Many people enter the Land of Israel and only see its surface!

Many people enter the land of Israel and never see its inner beauty!”











The Israel Tour Guide is a guide to seeing!



Israel Celebration Tours is committed to the concept that the Israel Tour guide is the entry point.

We know that an Israel Tour guide opens doors and opens eyes and indeed can help to open hearts.

ICT understands that an Israel experience is not only another tour of another country or a series of sites.

We understand that the tour guide is in fact an Israel mediator and as such can make all the difference.



What makes for a special guide?



ICT provides you with the following 18 חי checkpoints:



1. My guide is licensed by the Ministry of Tourism of Israel.

2. My guide speaks English fluently

3. My guide has extensive knowledge of Israel both ancient and modern

4. My guide knows me and the world I come from as well as my needs

5. My guide is able to see under the surface; under the façade

6. My guide allows me to see Israel  through his/her eyes

7. My guide is able to share his/her emotions as well as his/her knowledge

8. My guide is able to see Israel through my eyes.

9. My guide is a story teller.

10. My guide is a master communicator

11. My guide wants to welcome me into the inner sanctum of Israel.

12. My guide is flexible and open

13. My guide is guiding me even more than guiding the sites we are seeing.

14. My guide tells a story that has a beginning a middle and an end and not a loose collection of unconnected stories

15. My guide is capable logistically

16. My guide takes matters of safety and health as most basic

17. My guide’s greatest reward is sharing the story of Israel

18. My guide is dedicated to his/her own Jewish Israel identity—no matter what the form



18=חי



ALLOW ICT



TO SHOW YOU

WITH OUR EYES

AND THE EYES OF OUR “18” TEAM

ISRAEL

No comments:

Post a Comment